residential development guide for home extensions and new dwellings 


Home Page BRegs1 CentralOrder Contact Us Advertise on this site Privacy Site Map

High Hedges

This section provides guidance on how you can agree a solution about problem high hedges, including the new legislation which allows local authorities to consider complaints under the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003. Information on how to assess light restriction is also presented here.


A leaflet on how to settle your hedge differences without involving the local authority. This process must be attempted before a complaint can be made to your local authority. Revised version published March 2005.

Update: Mediation UK closed late in 2006. To find your nearest community mediation service you should contact the National Mediation Helpline at 0845 6030 809 or (external link).




Over the garden hedge


Planning Permision in the Open Countryside